I love this recipe, adapted from Lexi's Clean Kitchen, especially when I'm craving mediocre American Chinese takeout. This comes together in the Instant Pot [affiliate link] even faster than ordering from Grubhub and waiting for delivery. It also makes a great prep-ahead lunch! PRO TIP: Keep a bag of cauliflower rice in your freezer - for this and so many other quick meal ideas.
Number of servings: 2-4
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs (sliced into strips) [I prefer thighs!]
½ cup chicken broth
¼ cup coconut aminos (you can also use soy, but then it's no longer whole30 compliant)
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon fish sauce
1" knob ginger (grated or minced) or use a tsp powdered
2 cloves garlic (minced)
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 Pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
2 tablespoons arrowroot or tapioca flour
2 tablespoons water
12 ounces of broccoli florets (10-12 ounces, about 5-6 cups)
¼ teaspoon apple cider vinegar or rice wine vinegar
Sesame seeds (for garnish)
1. Place chicken, broth, coconut aminos, sesame oil, fish sauce, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper in the Instant Pot. Cover and cook on manual high pressure for 8 minutes.
2. Once done, use the quick release.
3. In a small bowl combine the arrowroot and water to create a slurry. Pour this into the instant pot with the chicken.
4. Switch to Sauté function. Add in the broccoli and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often, or until broccoli has softened and sauce has reduced slightly and thickened.
5. Add rice wine or apple cider vinegar and mix until combined. Press cancel to shut off.
6. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve immediately over cauliflower rice, white rice, rice noodles, or other.